Your browser is outdated!
To ensure you have the best experience and security possible, update your browser. Update now
► A driven, passionate and energetic manager with a proven record of success in Project Management, Business Advisory and Business Development.
► Ability to empower people and to effectively combine creativity, business know-how, teamwork and analytical decision-making skills.
✔ Love good challenges in life: turning lemons into lemonade
✔ Out of the box thinking with a strong cross-cultural sensitivity and an international outlook
✔ Outstanding problem solving, analytical, client leadership and team/project management skills
✔ Fluent in English, French and Armenian, intermediate in German and Persian
Children of Armenia Fund
Since January 2019
The Children of Armenia Fund is a non-profit, non-governmental organization founded in 2003. Our community-based, comprehensive approach to reducing rural poverty has helped Armenian village youth access the resources to achieve and in turn, give back to their communities and the world.
Nestled in the cradle of civilization, and despite centuries of persecution and genocide, Armenians have emerged as global leaders and innovators. However, due to immense hardships and lack of opportunity, Armenians in the homeland are emigrating at an alarming rate. Our work aims to transform the lives of these rural children – to empower a generation, and a country.
Tumo Center for Creative Technologies
to December 2018
- I am responsible for the management of the Tumo Center in Stepanakert, coordinating the implementation of the Tumo educational program and activities.
- Ensuring smooth & efficient implementation of the Tumo Program
- Managing staff, student enrollment and facilities
- Ensuring effective communication with students, parents & local counterparts
- Developing, preparing & analyzing budgets
- Representing Tumo in community events and host visitors
- Ensuring Tumo’s participation in and relevance to the development of Stepanakert and NKR
Located in the heart of Yerevan, Tumo is an innovative digital media studio where students aged 12-18 are in charge of their own learning.
Guided by skilled educators and mentored by media professionals, students navigate four focus areas (animation, digital media, video game development and web development) via Tumo World, a virtual learning space that prepares them for hands-on practice. Specialized workshops, guest lectures and community events give students a chance to apply their knowledge and skills to the world around them. Tumo students enter their chosen professional fields armed with cutting-edge experience and competitive portfolios.
BNP Paribas Fortis
to January 2015
- Within the finance department, assisted the strategic projects / change dataroom teams in the harmonization of the follow-up of the strategic programs of BNP Paribas Fortis.
- Analyzed and participated in the end-to-end process to follow-up the financial KPI’s of all strategic projects within BNP Paribas Fortis (over 300 projects)
- Set up a Project Initiation Document (PID) to improve the dataroom based on personal analysis
- Led medium-sized projects as Project Manager
- Steered the interactions with other departments (e.g. Cost Accounting, PMO, IT) and businesses (e.g. PMOs of retail)
BNP Paribas Fortis, the no. 1 bank in Belgium, offers the market a comprehensive package of financial services for private and professional clients, wealthy individuals, corporate clients, public entities and financial institutions. Today, it is organised around 4 core activities: Retail and Private Banking, Corporate and Public Banking, Corporate and Investment Banking and Investment Solutions. BNP Paribas Fortis supports its clients abroad with a unique pan-European network reinforcing the Group’s worldwide positions.
to May 2013
- Conducted market research in the Northern regions of Sweden in coordination with the direction of Business France Scandinavia.
- Conducted a thorough market research through 10 qualitative interviews
- Identified and targeted key growing sectors in Northern Sweden for French SMEs
- Delivered market insights and recommendations on exportation and implantation
Business France is a government agency supporting the international development of the French economy that was formed through the merger between Ubifrance and the Invest in France Agency on January 1, 2015. It advances and promotes business throughout France, and by French companies abroad.
mossessian & partners
to July 2012
- Marketing and Communication Manager as well as Business Development assistant for an architecture firm based in London.
- Assisted in producing marketing materials across the team
- Developed brand strategy: brand development, online traffic growth
- Contributed to the refinement of the company's marketing strategy
- Business intelligence: information monitoring related to architecture, design, urban development
- Strategic Consulting: including business plan & project strategy development
mossessian & partners is an award-winning international architecture practice with expertise in architecture/urban and master planning/technological innovation and research & development.
mossessian & partners has won a growing reputation for architecture of the highest calibre. Rejecting the notion of an ‘ivory tower’ design mentality, the practice encourages a design process that is entirely collaborative, alert to the needs of clients and attentive to the requirements of local planning authorities. The unique ‘Black Box’ modus operandi underpins the key design essential at the commencement of every project.
to August 2011
- Project Management of a comprehensive HR Audit in coordination with the top management of La Poste and the faculty of Euromed Management through the use of appropriate tools & techniques in 4 areas of CSR: Gender & Social Diversity, Seniors & Welfare
- Conducted 6 on-site qualitative interviews in 4 months with La Poste HR personnel, managers and employees
- Led effectively a team of 8 students from Euromed Management together with the HR & Marketing team of La Poste
- Prepared an 'As Is' report summarizing company's current practices and identifying 4 areas of concern: Gender & Social Diversity, Seniors & Welfare
- As a result provided recommendations for change and developed an action plan for addressing CSR shortfalls and produced a 'To Be' report including organizational strategic guidance, new roles & responsibilities definitions and internal communication improvement plan
La Poste is the mail service of France, which also operates postal services in the French Overseas Departments of Réunion, Guadeloupe, Martinique and French Guiana, and the territorial collectivities of Saint Pierre and Miquelon and Mayotte.
In addition to postal services, it also offers banking services (with La Banque Postale) and, via Chronopost, courier services.
After the government, La Poste is the second largest employer in France.
Hamaskaïne Bilingual High School
to June 2011
- Teacher in 10th grade in Armenian Literature and Language. Also fulfilled a position as an Assistant Librarian in the Armenological Library Department
- Created over 50 innovative course materials and utilized various teaching methods and strategies that received an excellent response from students
- Prepared, administered, and corrected over 30 new cutting edge computer-based testing
- Counseled students when adjustment and academic problems arose
- Utilized comprehensive mix of class assignments to enhance student interest
- Initiated the developing of a modern-day Armenian curriculum matching the French and English educational standards
- Developed, wrote and created a unique textbook for the French Baccalaureate
- Organized, referenced, and ordered new books for the school library
The Marseille Lyceum (Djemaran) was founded in 1980. It began with four kindergarten students. With the addition of a classroom each year, by 1994 it became a secondary school in line with French lyceums and equivalent to their education standards.
to January 2016
- As part of the Global Financial Services team, I helped top-tier financial services firms improve their strategy, governance, operations and information systems.
- Supported practice-building activities such as service offering development and research
- Performed research and analysis, including interviews with clients to gather input, synthesize the findings and formulate an assessment
- Developed and delivered presentations to communicate findings to clients
- Assisted banks and investment firms in executing key strategic initiatives
Kurt Salmon is a global management consulting firm dedicated to building the market leaders of tomorrow.
More than just partnering with our clients, we ally with them, integrating ourselves seamlessly into their organizations in order to develop innovative, customized solutions for their 21st-century business issues.
Succeeding in today’s increasingly complex, consumer-driven environment is an enormous challenge. But companies need to look beyond today; they need to position themselves for continued success in the even more uncertain future. That’s where Kurt Salmon comes in.
to June 2010
- Planned a UN General Assembly simulation (400 people) and managed a team of 11 people
- Participated in the New York Model United Nations (NMUN), March-April 20100
SimONU is a student project of Euromed Management Business School.
It was created in 2006 after signing the Global Compact, the United Nations label. It is composed of fifteen eager students of geopolitics and international relations, spread across two campuses (Marrakech Marseille). The mission is to organize simulations of the UN General Assembly and to participate in similar international simulations (NMUN New York, NMUN Washington DC, PMUN Paris, etc).
- Marseille SimONU 2009 (Euromed Management Campus in Marseille) www.simonu.fr
- Paris Model United Nations 2010 (UNESCO House in Paris) http://www.ileri-mun.com
- Phoenix SimONU 2010 (Euromed Management Campus in Marseille)
- Marrakech SimONU 2010 (Euromed Management Campus in Marrakech)
- National Model United Nations 2010 (New York, Washington) http://www.nmun.org/
to May 2010
- Project development and implementation of a new online recruiting service
- Conducted a marketing audit of the company
- Undertook a benchmarking study of the recruitment industry
- Carried out a qualitative study and recommendations
- Developed and implemented a new online recruiting service
MGNIG French-Armenian Educational Workshop
to June 2009
- Assisted a wide range of students including infants, toddlers, age 7-12
- Provided interactive atmosphere and original one-on-one support for the students
- Created classroom environment that was stimulating, encouraging, and adaptive to students born and raised in the western world
to July 2009
- Street Marketing Supervisor
- Supervised small teams for advertising events
- Worked as a sales agent for the launch of new products
Information Integration Group
to August 2008
- Assisted in the network department
- Installed softwares and operating systems for clients
Founded in 1991, Information Integration Group, Inc. (IIG) provides business management solutions to small and mid-sized businesses. We offer a wide range of industry leading products, as well as custom-tailored solutions. IIG is a Microsoft Certified, Sage Certified, Master Developer building complete solutions for industry specific needs. With over 1000 Clients, IIG continues to build on the tremendous success, experience and history to serve clients and develop new solutions for businesses.
With so many successful implementations and highly skilled programming teams, it is no wonder Sage Software, like thousands of others, run their company on IIG enhancements.
to August 2008
- Private tutor for ten students, for French as as foreign language
- Prepared and created lessons, homework, and exams for beginners
Labo photo Sipane
to August 2006
- Developed and edited photographs for clients
Since November 2008
Euromed Management Business School
to June 2013
Concentration: Business Administration, Strategy, Finance & Marketing
• Corporate Finance
• Business to Business Marketing
• Purchasing Marketing
• Production & Operations Management
• Management & Languages
• Innovation & Entrepreneurship
• Cross-Cultural Negotiations
Details and Extracurriculars
- Awards: Winner of SimONU Model of United Nations competition (2009 edition)
Umeå University - School of Business and Economics
to June 2013
• Perspectives on Strategy
• Entrepreneuship & Business Growth
• Managing Networks & Internationalisation
• Strategizing - Planning & Processes
Details and Extracurriculars
- Societies: Elected HHUS Student Representative of the year in 2012/2013
Institut National des Langues et Civilisations Orientales (INALCO)
to June 2009
Concentration: Armenian literature and History
• Armenian language
• Classical Armenian
• Modern Armenian Literature
• Modern Armenian History
Details and Extracurriculars
- Followed courses in Persian Studies
Creation date30 Jan 2011
Umeå School of Business and Economics, Umeå University offer a unique Master's Program in Business Development and Internationalization. The programme aims to prepare students to become entrepreneurial leaders with capabilities to act on opportunities, needs and challenges, to develop businesses and innovations in a global and changing business context.
Out of the box thinking with a strong cross-cultural sensitivity and an international outlook
Outstanding problem solving, analytical, client leadership and team/project management skills
Strong analytical & writing skills
Strong Leadership Capability
Excellent Team Player
French: native proficiency
Armenian: native proficiency (western/eastern)
English: fluent (TOEFL iBT 98, TOEIC 935)
Microsoft Windows XP, Vista Business, 7 Pro
Microsoft Office 2010 (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Publisher, Access, Project)
Adobe Suite CS5 (Acrobat 9 Pro, Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver)
Autodesk AutoCAD 2011
- Piano (14 years): classically trained, compose and perform in public
- Tombak (6 years): classically trained, perform in public, CD record with a group of 3 students
- Dance: member of Yeraz, Armenian dance troupe, international tour, 2008-2009 - including world-renowned concert hall, the Casino de Paris (March 2009) and the Casino du Liban (November 2008)
- Theater (10 years): 3 performances
- Musical Theater (a year): 4 performances
- Soccer, Basketball
- Martial Arts: Kung Fu (10 years), Judo (8 years)
- International News
- Economic News
- International Literature
- Germany: language studies in Frankfurt (October 2006) and in Munich (February 2006)
- United States: language studies in Boston (2004 & 2005)
- United States: Road Trips (summer 2008, spring 2012 & summer 2015)
- Europe: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Ireland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, United Kingdom
- Road Trip: Cultural Project through Eastern Europe and the Middle East (Iran, Armenia, Lebanon, Syria, Georgia, Turkey)